Monday, October 24, 2011

Poetry Prompt #148 (Sept 7, 2011) 

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/poetry-prompts/wednesday-poetry-prompts-148

We were instructed to write a remix poem.  I chose one of my own ... and am not sure how well I like it.  But, here it is!

REMIX: 

I Don't Need You

You call to me
I hear you, but choose to step away

You now look back at me
But I can see through you

Your eyes are still empty
Completely void

You offer no acceptable human emotion

Your arm extends
You offer your hand

I have awoken
No longer frightened of my dreams

What you offer is nothing I need

I sleep easy
as your demon now haunts you

I woke up
and reconfigured life

Yes, I left you.
That was real

And you realize how empty you are without me.

~HLM

*** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Remixed from:

Empty Fool

I call your name
An echo answers

I look into your eyes
You don’t look back

You stare through me
Do you even see me?

Your vision is empty

I reach out
Your figure fades

Was I dreaming?
Were you ever there?

Your structure is empty.

A nightmare; is that what I am living?
Was your presence only a shadow filled with demon eyes?

Wake me up! 
Wake me up from this nightmare!

No, I am not dreaming.
This was real.

Your soul is simply empty. 

~HLM



No comments:

Post a Comment