Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My PAD poem from day 1


I haven't done a good job at posting lately and send out many apologies.  Finally I am getting around to posting my Day 1 poem for the 2011 Nov. PAD challenge! 

http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/poetry-prompts/2011-november-pad-chapbook-challenge-day-1

2011 November PAD Chapbook Challenge: Day 1

So here are today’s prompts:
·                     Write a procrastination poem, or as I like to call it a “I’ll get to it tomorrow” poem. Or…
·                     Write a proactive poem, or the old “I’ll get to it today” poem.

I should have called

What I didn't do today
I cannot do tomorrow
Time will never again allow it
What I would have done
now echoes only as heartache
What I should have done
haunts me
My dreams whisper regret
My thoughts fill me with strange distress
I am on trial
with myself
I said I would call
I never did
now I never can

Does heaven take phone calls?

~HLM 11/1/2011

 

No comments:

Post a Comment