Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Dx & that Poetry Prompt

It's been quite some time, but I have grand excuse!  I finally went to the doctor to find out I had bronchitis and a sinus infection; let's not forget that my blood pressure was 152/110!  Needless to say I was not feeling well, however, I have been taking my antibiotics and some cold meds and feel like a new person! 

I am a little late on Wednesday's poetry prompt, but more than eager. 

For today's prompt, write a sound poem. For this poem, you can write a poem like the poetic form (click here to learn more), or you can just write a poem that incorporates a sound (like an ode to the sonic boom or that happens at a nightclub, etc.). This world is filled with sound, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with an idea.

http://blog.writersdigest.com/poeticasides/2011/03/30/WednesdayPoetryPrompts129.aspx

The Sound of Night

Night has fallen on this house
silence has not.
I hear you snoring. 
It reminds me that you're still here
and that I love you. 

~HLM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All Around the Office

Clickity-clack
goes the keyboard

Clickity-click
goes the mouse

Tick-tock
goes the time.

All around the office
waiting for 5 o'clock.

~HLM

No comments:

Post a Comment