Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PAD Challenge Day 3 ... A little late, but still poeming away!!


Today's prompt is to write a poem in which you imagine the world without you. Since my favorite movie (It's a Wonderful Life) plays with this idea, I'm surprised I've never used this prompt before. The world could be a much worse place without you, could be pretty much the same, or I guess, it could even be better. Anyway, it's interesting to contemplate our individual contributions to this planet in ways small and large.
You Without Me

You would walk alone

Desperation and unhappiness would engulf your days
All that was yours would be taken away
Your ability to fight would fade
Your cigarettes would consume you
Your soul would slowly turn as black as the coffee you drink
All things would become meaningless
And you would wander in circles
As if a dog chasing his tail
Or a shadow lost in the desert
Climbing dune after dune
Without me you would be all alone.

(Fear not … I am here to stay)

~HLM

No comments:

Post a Comment