Saturday, April 16, 2011

Playing catch-up with Robert Lee Brewer's Poetry Challenge

DAY 1

For today's prompt, write a "what got you here" poem. For instance, write a poem about a mode of transportation like your car, bike, horse, etc. Or write a poem about what "got you here" as a human being or writer (like what got you started writing, perhaps). Or write a poem about what brought you to this blog. Or whatever other interpretation you might have.

The Drive Home

The chair I sit in brings comfort
It reclines, swivels and rocks
It comforts me
Both cats purr
One keeping my legs warm
The other my neck
How did I get here? 
A 13 hour drive home
Crammed in a car
With no leg room
Only a dirty sweatshirt to keep me warm
I missed my chair.

~ HLM

Poetic Asides with Robert Lee Brewer - PoetryChallenge2011

DAY 2
For today's prompt, write a postcard poem. Make it brief and communicate what it is like where you are. Also, make it personal. My poem is on the way, but I am having trouble producing line breaks with my smart phone. In the meantime, get poeming.

Wish you were here

At sunset the pale colors of blue
Mix with a pastel hint of purple
And the softest shade of pink
As they reflect with the branches
Of budding trees
Over the pond at Grandpa Ron’s
I miss you.

~HLM


No comments:

Post a Comment