Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poetic Form Challenge!!

This looks fun!  I think I will give it a try! ~Holly


Time for another poetic form challenge!
This time around, we’ll write the hay(na)ku. This form was developed by Eileen Tabios and named by Vince Gotera. The rules are simple, which makes the poem fun to write (click here to read the original post).
Here are the rules:
  • 3-line poem
  • First line has one word
  • Second line has two words
  • Third line has three words
As in previous challenges, the poet who writes the hay(na)ku that I like best will be featured in a future issue of Writer’s Digest magazine (most likely the January 2012 issue). In fact, I might be able to squeeze a few entries in, since the form is so concise. Poets should paste their poems in the comments below; I will not accept submissions by any other means–or attached to any other posts.
The deadline for the hay(na)ku challenge is August 28, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. (Atlanta, GA time). That means you have roughly three weeks to write three lines. Now get poeming!


http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-blogs/poetic-asides/wd-poetic-form-challenge-haynaku


I don't know which one of these to use!! 


Static
Stupid radio
I can't focus.

***

ring
RING ring
RING RING Hello?

***

Love
Intimate, formal
I found you.

***

Zipper
You Fell
Look! My underwear!

***

Jealousy
Pointless. Useless.
Let's move on.

***

You
don't know
who I am.

***

Sweet
Sounds echo
I love you.

***

Anxiety
Self induced
take a pill.

***

Whispers
in darkness
are you paranoid?

***

Jezebel
Evil woman!
Just go away!

***

Angled
Slightly left
Is your Mind.

***

Brother
You're gone
I miss you.

***

Memories
like dust
float through freely.

***

Cheetos
little fingers
what a mess!

***

Leaves
touching ground
Fall is here.

***

Brilliant
colorful sky
sun fades away.

***

Downward
you'll fall
I'll catch you.

***

Strings
untie them
let go now.
***

Sun
you set
stars are born

***

Chaos
wicked intentions
life isn't fair.

***

~HLM

No comments:

Post a Comment